Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Religion in Politics

This is something that has bothered me for a long time. Not because I have a problem with religion because I don’t. I consider myself a Christian. I have a problem with the use of religion in politics. Let me start off saying that I don’t expect people to be perfect because I know for a fact that I am not. I have a problem with people that call themselves Christians and expect others to be perfect while they are not. I have a problem with people that gather lots of money and power while turning their backs on the poor and the sick saying “I am a Christian”. If I remember the bible correctly that is not the way Jesus did things.


I have a problem with ANY politician using religion in their quest for office. It is a defense that you can’t really fight. They could be Satan worshipers for all we know. GOD allows evil people to govern so that his people will turn to him. Just because people say that they are Christians doesn’t make it so. Anyone can say that they are Christians and followers of Christ but not all can walk the walk. I find it hard to believe that Jesus would end social services to the poor in order to give more to the rich or to fund wars. That is what the Tea Party would have you believe.

Why bring religion into this at all is what I can’t understand. If GOD wants them in office and that is why they are running, they will win. They are there to do GOD’s will and they don’t need to tell us about it. We will support them because we like what they are doing not why they are doing it. We go to church to get the word of GOD not our elected official. They can’t talk about the separation between church and state while preaching from their elected office. The problem is that's what too many of them are doing.

Many wars have been fought using religion as the weapon. The people behind the wars only seek to gain power and wealth. They use the devotion people have to their religion to get them to do ungodly things. We have religions fighting religions mostly because they disagree over who is in second place. Most if not all religions believe that GOD is at the top and in control but they differ about the number two spot, being Jesus or Muhammad or whoever. It is just insane seeing people kill each other about second place. It is also insane watching people being used with their religion when you can tell by the action of those in charge that it is all a lie.

I am going to try to leave Rick Perry alone but not yet. He has been the Governor of Texas for many years but didn’t decide to have a call to prayer until he was running for President.






Michele Bachmann didn’t tell us that God wanted her to marry the gay guy (not that there is anything wrong with that) she just did it. She didn’t tell us that GOD wanted her to go to law school she just did it. Why did she have to tell us that he wanted her to run for political office?









I believe that evil is out there and that we should not do anything to help it gain power. Are they walking the walk? Acts 5:29 says "We must obey God rather than human beings"





1 comment:

  1. Had to chime in on this one. You now see who these people truly are - politicians! They will do whatever they need and become who they need to be to get in office and keep their office. The average American is very easily duped (I fall in that category from time to time). It is truly sad.
    As far as religion and the world understand the USA is where religion is a choice - everywhere else it is a way of life! That's why most of us Americans cannot understand it. "Why can't you just change from being Muslim?" is the thought of most Americans. That's sad too.
    I could post more but I'll stop here!

    ReplyDelete