Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why I write

I was asked recently why I write this blog. My answer was as I have said before “to get it off my chest”. Another reason is because I watch way too much news and I am home alone and this is my way of talking back. I heard someone say “people don’t drown because the water is too deep; they drown because they stop kicking”. This is one way that I kick.

I know sometimes I write about some sensitive subjects and some people prefer that I didn’t. I have a gay friend that thinks I need a body guard. He doesn’t like to be called gay because he is really bisexual but I call him gay anyway. That is an inside joke and I just felt the need to put it in here. Either way I write about what is on my mind and sometimes I am reacting to what is in the news that day.

Today I am complaining about the amount of money in politics. Last night they had recall elections in Wisconsin. They are reporting that between 30 and 40 million dollars was spent in that election. That is insane. I have never heard of that kind of money being spent on a state election. They are saying that most of the money was from out of state. The question is why? Why is the state senate election important? The answer is unions. I am a union supporter but not the multi-company unions. Like anything I think some companies are too big and the same goes for unions. That is just my take on unions.

There is nothing to stop me from getting too big because I have rights and thanks to the Supreme Court the same goes for companies. They say companies have the same rights as people. WHAT? Those rights include allowing them run election ads. Well I will let you read for yourself.

http://supreme.justia.com/us/558/08-205/

This is insane. This has nothing to do with parties but everything to do with a Supreme Court that has been purchased. All three branches of our government are owned by multinational companies and they don’t really try to hide it. That is why I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment