Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Open to Debate

My last two posts struck a nerve for some people or made them uncomfortable. This blog that I write is meant to make people think and it allows me to vent. I want people to post their comments but it doesn't seem to work out that way. Most people either email their comment to me or they say them to me in person. One lady that I respect a lot quoted Mother Teresa to me; "I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there." The setting in which the quote was given to me was not conducive to a long political dialog. I like the quote and understand it. The problem is that I, meaning me, have no problem doing both.


One guy said that I may need to hire a body guard because I should not write about race this way. He said that the things I said were true but I should not put them in writing. I told him that I write about what is on my mind or about things that I come across in the media. The last two were mostly about conversations I had with one person.

The thing is I am pretty open with people that I talk with. People can talk to me about anything and don't have to watch their words when speaking. I like to think that you can speak your mind and do it freely without being afraid you may hurt my feelings. I understand when people are talking to me and not at me. I don't call people names or insult them when we are having a conversation. I want to hear what they have to say. I love to listen to people talk and want to understand the way they think. Even if I don't agree with them I want to hear what they have to say. Most of the time I prefer to talk with people that I disagree with more. People with far right ideas I love talking to more than anything else.

There was a guy one time that told me that he wanted a law that would allow children to go to the Doctor under the parents insurance without the parents knowing anything about it. Because I didn't agree with him he called me an idiot. It was funny to me because he got that upset about a law he wanted to pass here in Nevada. He was also upset because he could not make me think his way. Even though he could already take his daughter to the doctor and give him permission to treat her without him being there he wanted a law taking that responsibility away. I simply didn't agree. I didn't think it was that big a deal but he did. I guess I don't have that strong of an urge to always be right. I do have an urge to speak my mind and share my opinion. Then it is up to you to take it or leave it and to share yours.

The things that I write are not meant to hurts anyone's feeling. Only to open debate on ANY subject. As always your comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment